Thursday, October 13, 2005

TV Tonite! (10/13/05).

COMMENTARY
Baseball makes it harder to keep up on the shows I'm watching, you know. If only I didn't need to sleep, dammit. I did manage to watch Lost
and yesterday's My Name Is Earl last night, though. All the while rooting my Cardinals on to victory (they only won because I had on my Cardinals boxers). So that's one down, three to go and then it's off to whichever city wins in the AL (with the AL winning the All-Star Game every year, I'm rethinking the idea that the winner of that game gets home field in the World Series: I mean, if St. Louis gets there again this year, then it seems a bit unfair that they can be there two years in a row, have the best record in baseball this year and still not get home field advantage).

Okay, I have a question. If My Name Is Earl is the number one comedy in America right now (or damned near close to it), can it still be argued that it is because of the way it is filmed and lack of laugh track that has been, and continues to be, hurting Arrested Development in the ratings department. And how can so many people watch the shows on directly before it, as they did when it aired behind The Simpsons, and not be willing to give it a chance. Personally, I don't think it's a proven night leader, and Kitchen Confidential is not looking to be a winner at all, so it needs to be paired with a proven winner. Suggestion: In January, put it on after the American Idol results show. Or stick it on after That '70s Show and move Stacked. After all, Pamela Anderson has proven she can draw an audience with her impressive assets. These same questions apply to why so many people turn off Earl and don't watch the fantastic The Office. What the hell else are you doing? Watching the last half of Lost or The Amazing Race?
And I still want to know when I became so damned mainstream. Almost all of the shows I like are doing well and none of them have been announced for cancellation yet. It's astonishing to me! Either the mainstream is smarting up, or I'm getting dumber, and while I usually have little to no faith in the intellectual capacity of the American people, I don't want to think of myself as becoming akin to a sheep. What do I do with this? I need to start watching bad television and convincing myself it's good. Man, it's Inconceivable that those Head Cases at FOX canceled The Simple Life. I was just waiting for The Comeback from Paris and Nicole. And I am Starved for some more Just Legal. Okay, okay. I'll stop now.

* * * * * * * * * *

NEW TONIGHT!

8/7p
ABC - Alias (05/03)
CBS - Survivor: Guatemala (11/05)
FOX - MLB Playoffs, NLCS Game 2 (Sports)
NBC - Joey (02/05) Will & Grace (08/03)
UPN - Everybody Hates Chris (01/04) Love, Inc. (01/04)
WB - Smallville (05/03)

9/8p

ABC - The Night Stalker (01/03)
BRAVO - Celebrity Poker Showdown (07/01) - SEASON PREMIERE!
CBS - C.S.I.: Crime Scene Investigation (06/04)
NBC - The Apprentice (04/04)
UPN - Eve (03/04) Cuts (02/04)
WB - Everwood (04/03)

10/9p
A&E - The First 48 (03/02)
CBS - Without A Trace (04/03)
COMEDY CENTRAL - The Showbiz Show With David Spade (01/05)
MTV - Making The Band 3 (08/02) Run's House (01/01) - PREMIERE!
NBC - ER (12/04)

* * * * * * * * * *

LAST NIGHT'S RANKINGS

Households
1 - Lost (ABC)
2 - C.S.I.: New York (CBS)
3 - Criminal Minds (CBS)
4 - Invasion (ABC)
5 - Law & Order (NBC)
6 - MLB Baseball: NLCS, Game 1 -or- ALCS, Game 2 (FOX)
7 - Freddie (ABC)
8 - Yes, Dear (CBS)
9 - E-Ring (NBC)
10 - George Lopez (ABC)
11 - Still Standing (CBS)
12 - The Apprentice: Martha Stewart (NBC)
13 - America's Next Top Model (UPN)
14 - Veronica Mars (UPN)
15 - One Tree Hill (WB)
16 - Related (WB)

Adults 18-49
1 - Lost (ABC)
2(T) - C.S.I.: New York (CBS)
2(T) - Invasion (ABC)
4 - Criminal Minds (CBS)
5 - Freddie (ABC)
6 - Law & Order (NBC)
7 - George Lopez (ABC)
8 - MLB Baseball: NLCS, Game 1 -or- ALCS, Game 2 (FOX)
9 - Yes, Dear (CBS)
10 - America's Next Top Model (UPN)
11 - The Apprentice: Martha Stewart (NBC)
12 - Still Standing (CBS)
13 - E-Ring (NBC)
14 - One Tree Hill (WB)
15 - Veronica Mars (UPN)
16 - Related (WB)

* * * * * * * * * *

--updated 10/13/05--

PICKED UP FOR A FULL SEASON
Bones - NEW!
Criminal Minds - NEW!
Everybody Hates Chris
Ghost Whisperer - NEW!
How I Met Your Mother - NEW!
My Name Is Earl
Prison Break
Supernatural
The War At Home - NEW!

RENEWED FOR A 2ND SEASON:
The Andy Milonakis Show
Beauty And The Geek
Dancing With The Stars
Extras
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Rome
So You Think You Can Dance?

CANCELED
The Comeback
Head Cases
Inconceivable
Just Legal
The Law Firm
The Simple Life - NEW!
Starved
Taradise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home