Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Hues Prevues - TV Tonight (10/5/05).

So I finally watched Commander In Chief, and while I liked it overall, I'm going to have to agree that the lipstick is very distracting. It looks like they tone it down in subsequent episodes, so good for them. Oh, and I saw the first episode last night, TIVO'd the new one but have not watched it yet. I know... I suck. Remember this only spotlights what is new on tonight, because we don't need no stinking reruns! Oh, and FOX is doing Baseball.

The Format
Network - Series Title (Season # / Episode #)

8/7c
ABC - The George Lopez Show (05/01 & 05/02)
I think it's great that Lopez has managed to make it five seasons and is still doing very well. I don't think his ratings are huge, but it's a decent and funny show and it represents Hispanic-Americans positively on television, which is hugely underdone.

CBS - Still Standing (04/03) Yes, Dear (06/03)
The only thing more shocking to me than seeing Yes, Dear on it's sixth season, is seeing Still Standing on it's fourth. I have no idea why these series are "Still Standing." Comfort food, maybe?

FOX - So You Think You Can Dance? (01/14)
I got hooked on this the same way as American Idol. Tuning in to see those who truly can't dance. Then they got me with those who could.

NBC - E-Ring (01/03)
Thank god it's not C-Ring, because that would be a very very different show.
UPN - America's Next Top Model (05/04)
But arent' there alreay four top models in America if this is the fifth season? Or do the new ones knock down the old ones?

WB - One Tree Hill (03/01)
Hooray for three years. Another family/teen/feel-good drama, brought to you by the WB. Fresh episode of "One Tree Hill" starts... at someone else's house. Sorry, just not for me.

9/8c
A & E - Inked (01/13)
I have to admit I have no idea what this is...

ABC - Lost (02/03)
What's going on with Desmond? Are the others about to kick Jin, Sawyer and Michael's asses? What's going on back at the camp? What can Kate do? I need to know it all NOW! The best hour on television!

CBS - Criminal Minds (01/03)
A crime procedural drama that we actually got into. I enjoy Mandy Patinkin in anything because I can look at him and say "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" and it makes me happy every time. Plus, I like that this one takes creative thinking outside the box to figure out the crimes. I've had enough of forensics for now, thanks.

FOX - Nanny 911
This one is a bit disturbing from the previews because the dad comes off like a dick and he doesn't care about his children's safety. But hey, maybe he is a dick and he doesn't care about his childrend's safety. If so, good job editing, because you totally sold him as a dick who doesn't care about his children's safety.

NBC - The Apprentice: Martha Stewart (01/03)
It's NOT a good thing. Not for Martha... and not for America. The Donald was bad enough.

SCIFI - Ghost Hunters (02/11)
I think the Scooby Gang had this down pretty well back in the '70s. I wonder if they need Scooby Snacks to build up the nerve to go into those "spooky old mansions."

UPN - Veronica Mars (02/02)
So is this the next generation Buffy The Vampire Slayer? Admittedly, I don't know much about it, but it seems to have that vibe and that sort of cult following.

WB - Related (01/01)
Yeah, I don't see me watching this. Nothing personal, but it's another one where I don't remember a thing about it. That said, I saw a preview again for Close To Home, and I do remember it now. It's the crime procedural focusing on home-based crime. How many angles do we need to explore, really?

10/9c
A & E - Criss Angel: MindFreak (01/12)
Everybody loves a good magician, and this guy is the next Houdini, Copperfield, Blaine, but with cooler theatrics than the latter few.

ABC - Invasion (01/03)
I'm trying to fall in love with you, because the critics say I'm supposed to. But it's not happening yet. Show me what you've got.

ABC FAMILY - Kicked Out (01/07)
This is a brilliant show about helping parents throw out their good-for-nothing adult sponge kids still living at home! I know some people that could use this show... and I bet you're one of them... naw, I'm kidding, you know I love you. But I bet you know someone, too.

BRAVO - Great Things About Being (Part 3 of 5)
They are marketing the hell out of this series, but I'm still not interested.

CBS - C.S.I.: New York (02/02)
I've had about as much CSI as I can stand in one lifetime. I like Gary Sinise, but not enough to watch the same basic thing over and over and over again. Maybe, again, it's a sort of comfort food. Formulaic equals comfortable equals top of the ratings? Or maybe there's something more to these that I missed when I watched the original C.S.I. several years ago for awhile.

E! - Taradise (01/10)
This cracks me up, because it's a show about a crack whore alcoholic who can't stop drinking, partying and getting all smacked up on drugs and E! rewarded her with a show. Maybe it's their replacement for Howard Stern. I guess that's appropriate.

FX - Over There (01/11)
I gave it the pilot and it was interesting but at the end I didn't really care about any of the characters or what happened next. Maybe it wasn't the best first episode. I recorded like the next 8 or 9 but just never felt compelled to watch them, so I recently deleted them. Maybe it's great and I didn't give it a chance... Who knows.

SCIFI - Tripping The Rift (02/11)
The guy on the commercial said it was like South Park in space. So I watched it. And he was wrong. It's like South Park only not funny. Or entertaining in the slightest. How did this crap warrant two seasons?

So what are you going to watch, and what should I be watching? Is Over There our next Emmy winner for Best Dramatic Series? Is Martha Stewart the best thing to happen to television since Captain Kangaroo?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ##NAME##, I was out searching the net today for information on ##LINK## and found this site. Even if ##TITLE## was not what I was searching for, the site got my attention. I can see why I founf this site, when I was looking for related information. Keep up the good work and thanks.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home